Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have a shorthold tenancy;periodic tenancy and just had a

I have a shorthold tenancy;periodic tenancy and just had a notice requiring possesion in 2 months.Are there any circumstance under which I would have the right to remain in possesion after such a notice to quit has been issued.
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

You do not have rights to remain in law. Ultimately the landlord is not responsible for your circumstances I'm afraid.

However, if you do not go upon the expiry of a S21 notice they cannot just attend and remove you. They would have to seek a possession order at court first and that could take three weeks to two months depending on the listings in your area. I have known it take longer but thats rare now.

The downside is that you would be liable for their costs but they are not an onerous amount.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/