UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

If I have an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement between a

If I have an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement between a Landlord and the tenant who is a company and the company want to stop paying the rent and get their workmen who are occupying the house to pay the rent direct, do we need to serve notice on the company and get a new agreement between landlord and occupier or could we the lease continuing with an addendum stating the change of payment?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

The company is a separate legal entity from its workmen. The tenant is currently the company, not the workmen.

If the workmen are to become the new tenants (as they will be paying the rent), then the current AST agreement should be terminated by mutual consent between landlord and company and a new one issued to the workmen in their personal names.

Hope this helps