Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  UK solicitor holding an England and Wales practising Certificate.
28732269

Hi I am getting divorced & wish to transfer the title deeds

Customer Question

Hi I am getting divorced & wish to transfer the title deeds into my sole name . Approximately
how much will this cost ?
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

Do you own the property jointly with your spouse?

Do they consent to this?

Is there a mortgage on the property?

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes there is a mortgage he is paying half of it off for me . They have consented & this has been approved by the court . It is owned jointly .

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.

If it is ordered by the court and you have the consent to it from the lender then it will be fairly straight-forward.

Depending on the value of the property you can expect a solicitor/conveyancer to charge in the region of £300-450 for this since the transaction is very straight forward.

It’s also the type of thing that would be done for a fixed fee and I would recommend phoning round local solicitors to ask for their fixed fee quotes and simply go with the cheapest one. The reality is that if there is a court order then it’s really bread-and-butter stuff, so there won’t be a particularly big difference in the quality of service that you get.

Disbursements that you would have to pay regardless of the firm that you instruction would be:-
Land Registry Official Copies & filed plan, £6.00.
Bankruptcy Search, £2.00 per person
Land Registry Official Search, £3.00
Land Registry Registration Fee, £50-240 depending on the value of the consideration.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.

Kind regards,

Tom