Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Client calling of a registered charity & company limited by

Customer Question

Client calling of a registered charity & company limited by Guarantee situated at South Tottenham,Haringey London N15 3HB,(Ass.of Multicultural Communities UK),they are currently having issues cocerning Lease of 50 yrs term,27 yrs unexpired,at this point in time and the way that the Local Council who are acting as Freeholders are operating in this instance.Up until 31/03/2013,the Council had been providing the AMC with financial help for the costs of operating within this property.The client constructed the purpose-built Building(the Centre)in Two phases upon the leased land with valid planning permission with the funds(costs) raiised from various sources.The Council had totally stopped and withdrawn all financial helps and charging Rent 40% of Market Rent instead of Papercorn as per lease term,increase from £3500 p.a. to £6750 p.a.The client need Legal Advice on this matter,through Review of Lease Agreement prerpared arbitrarily without being accepted,signed,witnessed and the common seal of the client affixed. The Fair Rent being determined under s70 of the Rent Act 1977.The client feel as though they are being treated absolutely as mere tenant rather than the Absolute Proprietor(leaseholder) of the property.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

What is it they want to achieve please?