Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I own my own bungalow and the fence at the bottom of my garden

Customer Question

I own my own bungalow and the fence at the bottom of my garden came down during the storm a week before Christmas. The property and garden is owned by a Housing Association and the fence is their responsibility. The property is empty and I have been negotiating by email with the Association to get the fence replaced. They have given me two dates when their contractors would replace the fence. The first one was in February (no-one came) then they emailed me to say that it would be replaced today. No-one has been and I am not confident that anyone will be along to do the job. I will not email them until the end of the day to let them know if the fence is not replaced or repaired, although that is unlikely as the fencing is broken but I would like to know my rights and is there any pressure I can put upon them to get the matter sorted. Would welcome your views and advice.
Last Friday evening the Police were in my garden looking for an intruder with whom they chased down the road by the property across from me, he apparently hopped over their fence and arrived in my garden etc. I do not feel secure in my own home.
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

May I clarify that you are not the first owner of your property please - i.e. bought it new?