75100385

I wish to repair the flank wall of my garage which abuts my

Customer Question

I wish to repair the flank wall of my garage which abuts my neighbors property.I am unable to do this because my neighbor refuses to move the line of old cars against my garage wall.
My deeds indicate I do have right of access,however , I hve been threatened with a serious assault if I touch these cars. The police have warned this neighbor about the
the threatening behavour, but I am still unable to access the neighbors property.
What can I do /

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

You have a right to maintain structures on your land by access other people's land under the Access to Neighbouring Land Act 1992

Alex Watts :

This means if you ask for access and it is refused you can apply to the Court for access.

Alex Watts :

The Court can consider the request and grant access.

Alex Watts :

What you need to do is write to the neighbour formally requesting access and say if he refuses you will go to Court.

Alex Watts :

If he does refuse then you need to complete forms N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf

Alex Watts :

And N16a http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n016a-eng.pdf

Alex Watts :

and then submit them to Court.

Alex Watts :

The Court will send the other side a copy and the matter will be listed

Alex Watts :