No, I tried to go through them, but the state agent managing the property responsible for the damage was not co-operating. After consulting with a solicitor I decided to take it to the court as indicated in the letter.
Since emailing you I have emailed the estate agent/landlord to send me what I'm owed by the end of the week. If they haven't I will continue with the claim on Monday.
I just wanted to know if I have made a claim and payed for it, and then they suddenly post a cheque through the door what should I do. Can I reject it because I have now payed for the claim application or can I get my money back from the court (should it go this way).