Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have received a letter from a trustee of village hall opp.

Customer Question

I have received a letter from a trustee of village hall opp. myhouse concerning land they now own next door to my property. We have lived here since 1967 and the land has always been scrubland. He is complaining that the hedge which has been there for 30+ years is encroaching onto his land and should be replaced by a wall. In the country, where all else is overgrown! It would need to be 140foot long, how do I reply? some say to ignore him as he just loves conflict. I should have said we purchased this land from the owner who has since died and he agreed the post and wire fence which we erected and paid for in1981 with hedge being planted a year or so later,now the trustee finds the conveyance states a wall or fence which is still there the hedge was to screen the rest of the untidiness.
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Have you agreed to trim the hedge?