LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
76316425

Im the tenant on my own property bought by my pension fund

Customer Question

Im the tenant on my own property bought by my pension fund i cannot pay rent and bayliffs have changed the locks do i have any rights to enter my own property
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.

LondonlawyerJ :

Hello, I am a lawyer with over 15 years experience I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

Can you gie me more information please? This property is rented by you as a tenant I think, has the landlord obtained a possession order? What sort of tenancy agreement did you have. Did you know about the possession proceedings and were you present in court? You say the property was bought by your pension fund. Are they your landlord? I need this information and maybe more to be able to give you a useful answer.

JACUSTOMER-yx82yfw0- :

I was not aware although they said noti e was sent. I rent the property off myself via the insurance company who manage it

JACUSTOMER-yx82yfw0- :

On the bailiff notice it says that we are.

JACUSTOMER-yx82yfw0- :

On the bailiff notice it says we are not allowed to gain access or legal proceedings may be taken. They have changed locks and photographed items inside property but not removed anything. If we pay what we owe they will arrange for baliff to get keys to us.

JACUSTOMER-yx82yfw0- :

Although the tenant i am renting it to myself what if i cannot afford to pay

LondonlawyerJ :

Are you the owner of the property and the tenant? But there is a management company, an nsurance company? Can you explain this unudua

LondonlawyerJ :

Arrangement a bit more please. Who is named as the landlord on the tenancy agreement?

JACUSTOMER-yx82yfw0- :

Yes we are owner and tenant suffolk life manage it for my pension it was bought with my pension

LondonlawyerJ :

Is it that the property is owned by Suffolk LIfe with some sort of trust arrangement for you? I find it hard to see how your agents could take action to evict you if you own the property. If y own it you could simply go back in to the property as owner rather than tenant! You cold also instruct your agents to abandon their action.

LondonlawyerJ :

Am I missing something here? If it is your property your agents cannot exclude you and gtey should be acting on your instructions. If possession proceedings were brought and you were the owners and the tenants then the action would be brought by you against you and that is not possible.