75100385

my mum has lived in her council property for 40 years, i have

my mum has lived in her council property for 40 years, i have some money and would like to buy it, how would i get the deeds transferred to my name after i buy it on her name

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Do you live with her at present please?

Customer:

no she lives alone

Alex Watts :

Its bad news then.

Alex Watts :

You can not apply for her property and buy it.

Alex Watts :

Only she has the right to buy

Alex Watts :

If you had been living with her, then it may have been possible, but sadly you are not

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

Customer:

i was going to give her the money to buy it on here name what i wanted to know is for it to b mine does she have to leave it to me in her will or is there any other way

Alex Watts :

Sadly not.

Alex Watts :

There are also restrictions on what you can do with it once she has it

Customer:

but she can leave the house to me in her will

Alex Watts :

Yes she can do that if she buys it.

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

thanks

Alex Watts : If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/