Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Two years conveyancing experience.
13113900

Can I request a copy of my original tenancy agreement signed

Can I request a copy of my original tenancy agreement signed 7 years ago as I have lost the original
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you.

Unless the tenancy agreement had a period of more than 7 years or was executed as a deed it is unlikely any agent or landlord would have kept it.

After 6 years it will no longer be enforceable and the agent would be unlikely to have a copy as they wont need it for auditing purposes.

Can you provide me with any more info? What type of Tenancy is it? Is it an Assured Shorthold Tenancy?

AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It was not a 7 year agreement but has lasted 7 years. I left on 28th Feb after giving 1 months notice and the landlord is threatning to take me to court unless I pay for painting cleaning etc etc to the tune of 3k. He has not touched the flat in all the time I have been there.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Did the landlord take an inventory or schedule of condition?

Has the landlord proved the itemised/damage?

AK