How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have a longstanding dispute with the Housing Association

Resolved Question:

I have a longstanding dispute with the Housing Association who act on behalf of the landlord. I am a leaseholder who sought permission to change the windows in my property some years ago. The lease states the landlord is responsible for the glass. I got permission but when I wrote about paying their share, they did not answer. I withheld the service charge payment in desperation to get them to respond. I engaged a solicitor to write to them but still not response. They claim I owe them £500 in service charges but still refuse to deal with the original cause of the situation. They have changed names and management and local area manager many times over the last 9 years so they matter keeps falling through the gaps. Who can I go to for resolution of this matter once and for all, bearing in mind all my other attempts have been met with no response whatsoever.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

When did you get the work done please?


I have had the double glazing for about eight years. Last year they said I owed them £2000 in service charges. I asked them to provide me with a breakdown of how they reached this amount but heard nothing more from them. Again, I referred to the original dispute but heard nothing. So again, the matter hangs about.

Alex Watts :

What you can do is seek a determination through the Land Valuation Tribunal. This is a free service and they may be able to determine this for you.

Alex Watts :

Otherwise you would need to issue proceedings and seek a Court declaration on who is responsible for what and how much is owing.

Alex Watts :

Clearly for this there would be a cost.

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Property Law Questions