75100385

my house is on the market but each time I get a viewing the

my house is on the market but each time I get a viewing the potential buyers cancel because of the state of y neighbours property, what steps can I take to get him to make it more presentable without having to make it civil.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Have you complained to the council please?
Customer:

No. We do not want it to be a civil matter.

Alex Watts : You do or do not want it to be civil matter please?
Customer:

We do not want it to become a civil matter.

Alex Watts :

Sadly only the Council can take action

Alex Watts :

If the property is a mess and it attracts vermin they can take action under the control of pests act 1949

Alex Watts :

This is where the action can be taken by the Council

Alex Watts :

If they Council chose not to then sadly it is a civil matter.

Alex Watts :

This means to get anything done you would have to sue him and take him to Court.

Alex Watts :

But try the Council as the first step

Alex Watts :

Customer:

No , I thought this may be the case. Unfortunately if it becomes a civil matter it could cost us more that the value of our property so the Civil root is not the one we would want to take. Am i correct in saying this . But we would definatley approach the council a sthere are other issues. For example he urinates in the garden everday and has also been spotted pouring urine into the lane from a bucket every morning so i am guessingthat this is also an environmental issue as well.

Alex Watts :

Yes its bad news I am sorry to say.

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

Customer:

Many thanks indeed for your help in this matter your response has been excellent and has helped to clarify what we thought. Many thanks once again .

Customer:

Marilyn