Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

My purchasers solicitor has caused the sale of ou maisonette

Customer Question

My purchasers solicitor has caused the sale of ou maisonette to go on for 7 months and is still not sorted. We had to extend the lease and our purchaser agreed to pay for this. We are 1 of 4 masionettes and the solicitor would not belive that we had an agreement to cover and shared costs. The only thing that is shared is the driveway. Each flat has it's own front door on ground level and we have no communal areas. We each have our own designated area of garden. This solicitor insisted that my solicitor draught a new lease with a variation to cover communal areas of which ther are none! My solicitr prepared the new lease and the purchasers solicitor agreed it and it was sent to the Leasholder who make a couple of minor amendments. This happened in January and she did not reply until March and then made further amendments which the leasholder would not agree to.
She has asked me the same questions again and again despite already having the onswer on previous paperwork. She has asked questions and for information that my Solicitor has said he does not know why they want this information and that he would not need it. The offer was made in September 2013 and now it is nearly April. She will still no give a completion date and we are in limbo. Luckily we are not buying another house at the moment and our purchaser had not put his house up fo sale. We are at a loss what to do now. I feel I woluld like to go to the purchasers Solicitor and say does she realise she is messing with our lives and why she is being so awkward.

I await your reply

M Collins
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

I am very sorry to hear of the amount of time you have been waiting for your transaction to go through. How may I help you with this please? Are you seeking comments on your proposed actions and/or suggestions on what steps you might take?

Joshua :

Is your solicitor of the view that some of the other parties solicitors actions are unnecessary?

Joshua :

Joshua :

I hope you are not having any difficulties?