Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

We have been instructed to rent a property where there are

We have been instructed to rent a property where there are joint owners wife and ex husband, they have a degree absolute though have not sorted out the financials.
The ex-husband left the property over a year ago and the wife now need to rent the property to relocate to her sons school. Can she rent this property without the ex-husbands agreement, the ex-husband is currently residing in another jointly owned property and renting the rooms out and keeping the income and also pays no child support.
Thank you for your question
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I shall do my best to help you
If the property is let to tenants without his permission then the ex husband will not be bound by the agreement and will have the right to return to the property whenever he wishes
You may find that the tenants feel that as agents you are partially responsible for ensuring that this cannot happen
Please ask if you need further details