Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Hello. I have my home on market to be sold by one of estate

Hello. I have my home on market to be sold by one of estate agents.3 weeks ago, they call us saying, we have a "Legal Buyer" for our home. A full price was offered and we will have a extra £1000 to pay on top of the agreed fees.Please, my English understanding is not so good as you can see. -Whats Legal Buyer really means? Is normal, that extra £1000 fee?Thank you in advance
Mr Pinto Junior
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

I can see no reason why you should have to pay any money on top of the agreed fees.

Have you asked them what this is for?

There is no such thing as a "legal buyer".

Either they have a buyer or they don't have a buyer. The word "legal" added in front of the word "buyer" is just something that they have decided to add in themselves to make them look as though they know what they are talking about. In fact, to anyone who knows what they are looking at, it actually makes the agent look quite stupid.