75100385

my neighbour is replacing his fence. we have a hedge and are

my neighbour is replacing his fence. we have a hedge and are not responsible for his fence as it was built after our property. Is he allowed to put the rough side of the fence facing our side?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

If it is his fence then he can put whatever side he wants facing

Alex Watts :

So yes he can put the rough side facing you

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Can I put boards on the fence on my side?

Alex Watts :

Yes of course as long as it is on your land

Customer:

ok thanks