UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I need advice - I live in a to floor flat in privately rented

Customer Question

I need advice - I live in a to floor flat in privately rented accommo0dation in Kilburn. The roof is leaking onto my bed. My landlady wont do anything. What should I do?

Mele Mape.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

I would suggest you contact the Envorinmental Health section of your local council as they have the power to force your landlady to act and repair the roof.

You may also get the roof repaired yourself, pay for it and claim the cost of the repairs from your landlady. Before you do so, I would suggest that you obtain about 2 quotes for the roof repairs and send them to your landlady in a covering letter explaining that you get the repairs done yourself and bill her for it.

Hope this helps