Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Searches when buying a property Who can order them? (can anyone

Customer Question

Searches when buying a property
Who can order them? (can anyone or just a lawyer) ,
Are they available online ?
What is fastest and how long does it take to get them
Are the searches the time constraint in the due diligence of solicitor in the conveyancing process?
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Just to clarify, are you referring to a land registry search?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

AM referring to all searches which might hold / cause a buying solicitor to have to wait / save time

i believe land registry searches are instant online so these probably wont be a time constraint.

think of the following - assuming one would lik to exchange within say 24 hours (or asap) - which are the searches or other obstacles which can delay the process?

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.

Searches can be ordered by anyone.

The speed with which they arrive back comes back from the local authority. Order them using forms LLC1 and CON29

If you know what you are looking for you can actually visit the local authority and do the research yourself.

Alternatively, you may want to use an outside agency who tend to be quicker than the local authority and cheaper and do it on a fixed fee in many cases.

Here is one such search agency

http://www.xpresslegal.co.uk/

other searches which you may want to consider depending on where in the country you live are:

environmental
coal
china clay
brine
commons registration
chancel repair and
exceptionally railway which shows tunnels under the land

some searches are done online and others not so.

You should not be waiting more than a couple of weeks and if you use an outside agency, they can usually be done in days.

It is also possible to buy insurance if exchange is needed before the searches are back.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

A couple of private agencies i tried advised they only carry out searches for solicitors, would you be aware of a company which carries these out for a private individual?

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.
Try this company

http://www.xpresslegal.co.uk/view/Maps/Flintshire/

and tell them that you will pay upfront for the service and that you got the name from this website.

As you appreciate, being solicitors we don't know who will deal directly and who will not.

There is no legal reason why they cannot deal directly.
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/