Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I need some legal advice on the paperwork I have bought, I

I need some legal advice on the paperwork I have bought, I want to find out if the shared access for my neighbour to come through our garden, if this is legal or can I stop access.I don't understand from the paperwork if I can do this, our neighbour doesn't use the shared access, but might be putting the house on the market, so I want to fence the middle section off with fencing, if there is no legal right of way through our garden.
Paperwork:-
This register describes the land and estate comprised in
the title.
LEICESTERSHIRE : BLABY
1 (29.07.1999) The Freehold land shown edged with red on the plan of the
above Title filed at the Registry and beingXXXXX Blaby,
Leicester (LE8 4EF).
2 (29.07.1999) The land has the benefit of the rights granted by but is
subject to the rights reserved by a Conveyance of the land in this
title dated 12 September 1957 made between (1) Samuel Leonard Bruin and
William Bruin and (2) Lilian Violet Mawby and Mabel Mawby.
NOTE 1: The Conveyance dated 1 November 1877 referred to in the above
Conveyance is that referred to in the Charges Register
NOTE 2: Original filed.
3 (29.07.1999) The Conveyance dated 12 September 1957 referred to above
contains provisions as to light or air and boundary structures
B: Proprietorship Register
This register specifies the class of title and
identifies the owner. It contains any entries that
affect the right of disposal.
Title absolute
1 (31.10.2008) PROPRIETOR: REBECCA JANE SCARBOROUGH ofXXXXX
Blaby, Leicester LE8 4EF.
2 (31.10.2008) The price stated to have been paid on 10 October 2008 was
£122,000.
3 (07.12.2011) RESTRICTION: No disposition of the registered estate by
the proprietor of the registered estate is to be registered without a
written consent signed by the proprietor for the time being of the
Charge dated 21 November 2011 in favour of Santander UK PLC referred to
in the Charges Register.
C: Charges Register
This register contains any charges and other matters
that affect the land.
1 (29.07.1999) A Conveyance dated 1 November 1877 made between (1) Edward
Thornton Blunt and Samuel Vice and (2) Joseph Joseph contains
restrictive covenants but neither the original deed nor a certified
copy or examined abstract thereof was produced on first registration.
2 (07.12.2011) REGISTERED CHARGE dated 21 November 2011
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

May I ask if you have a copy of the conveyance dated 12 September 1957 please?

Customer:

I dont not have that? how do I obtain this

Joshua :

Thanks. Based on the information you have kindly posted the details of reserved rights over your property will be contained within this document. You can either obtain a copy of the document from your solicitor that acted for you in the purchase of the property or alternatively from the land Registry using the following form

Joshua :

http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/_media/downloads/forms/OC2.pdf

Joshua :

there is a fee of 5 pounds to pay with the form. You can send a cheque made payable to HM land Registry. you will receive a copy of the document normally within about 5 to 7 days

Joshua :

is there anything above I can clarify for you?

Customer:

i will do online now

Joshua :

If I can assist any further as the situation develops please do no hesitate to let me know.

Customer:

if i can

Joshua :

Does the above answer all your questions or is there anything I can clarify or help with any further?

Customer:

can i get the paperwork and send you, so I can have a reply on what i need to know ?

Joshua :

Yes of course. If you have no further questions for now I should be very grateful if you would kindly take a moment to rate my service to you today. Your feedback is important to me. This will also save the thread and you can return to it once you have the documents. There is no further charge for follow up questions.

Customer:

thank you

Joshua :

I look forward to hearing from you in few days when you have the document.

Joshua, Lawyer
Experience: LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice