75100385

i have a butchers market trailer i use for two local markets

i have a butchers market trailer i use for two local markets a week similar to a burger van type but all fresh meat butchery counter etc, i park this on my front outside my house on hard standing within my front garden wall area ,not on the street etc ,local planning enforcement officer has paid a visit due to a complaint , advises me to think of suitable different place to keep it away from my house, but am i breaking the law and as this is advice can they use legal terms to say i cannot store this trailer at my home address. if i have to move it it makes my business impossible, as planning is involved i have no shop,trade etc working from my home i only trade from the said markets by towing the trailer there hence not breaking any laws trading from my home address

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

On what basis do they say you can't park it there please?

Customer:

well, she didnt, as it was apparent after the meeting that a complaint has gone into planning that i have a large trailer that is obviously a traders trailer on my property and she in turn appeared to investigatei asked the question outright "do i need planning for the trailer then"where she didnt answer directly but advised me to seek other places to house/park the tariler away from my address,then explained she would report back to here collegues to discuss the matter and informing me in the next few days as to an outcome,however this leaves me wondering what i can do and am i breaking any laws etc i thought it was a movable trailer needing no such leglislation etc, but it was pointed out by her that this is a commercial business trailer not like simply parking a large caravan or the like,really not sure what to do

Alex Watts :

There is no legal issue in that you have a trailer.

Alex Watts :

There is no planning issue here.

Alex Watts :

This is because it is moveable and as long as you are not in a conservation area you dont need permission

Alex Watts :

If they say you do ask under which Policy they are referring

Alex Watts :

If they can not provide a policy, you dont need persmission

Alex Watts :

And generally you dont

Alex Watts :