75100385

our tenancy agreement finished in august 2013. We moved out

our tenancy agreement finished in august 2013. We moved out of the house in feb 2014. our agent says we had a contract until april 2014 . this contract was never signed by anyone and the dates on this contract which we have by email says start date 1 august 2013 until 1 april 2013.
will this contract stand up as legal as we have a dispute over rent awed and council tax.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : If it was not signed then the only one that is valid is the first agreement.
Alex Watts : This one I assume ended in August 2013
Alex Watts : After this you became a periodic tenant which means you have a monthly rolling agreement.
Alex Watts : But unless you signed a new agreement you have an existing monthly rolling contract.
Alex Watts : Therefore you gave notice and left.
Alex Watts : You are not liable for future rent etc.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

we gave notice and left. they are saying I have to pay council tax up until april

Alex Watts : No. There is no further signed contract.
Alex Watts : If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer:

thanks