UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My neighbour has put up a fence along the boundary line between

Customer Question

My neighbour has put up a fence along the boundary line between between our gardens. I want to paint my side to match the rest of my fences but my neighbour won't let me. He says as it is his fence he can dictate what happens and have to put up with it. He also says that by painting the fence I will invalidate the warranty he has on the panels which will be taken out and dipped every 5 years
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

I am sorry but your neighbour is correct. As it is his fence, he may refuse to give you permission to paint the side facing you.

You may erect your own fence alongside your neighbours fence or you may plant a hedge or free standing shrub to conceal the fence from your view.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What about legal right of easement. The side of the fence facing my land is accessible only by me and is an eyesore,affecting my view of my garden.
Easements are right of entry or right of use over land.