wingrovebuyer
wingrovebuyer, Senior Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (Honours); PG Diploma in Law; Member of ALA; 9 years' experience
22732369

Following my mothers death my father wishes to remove her

Customer Question

Following my mother's death my father wishes to remove her name from the 'Tenancy in Common' land registry document and add my name to the deeds of two properties that they owned jointly, so that I become joint owner with him. What documents/forms do we need to complete and what documents do we need to present when we attend the Land Registry appointment? Do we need to present her death certificate, letter of probate etc and do I need I.D.?
Expert:  wingrovebuyer replied 3 years ago.

wingrovebuyer :

Hello. You don't really need to go to Land Registry, but if you dp it might be easier. You need to take the grant of probate. Who is named as executors in the grant of probate?

JACUSTOMER-6kle2cc1- :

My father is named as exector. Is it form AP1 that we have to complete or one of the other forms?

wingrovebuyer : You would complete Form AP1 to remove your mothers name, yes, accompanied by evidence of the death, ie the grant of probate or death certificate. However, if this applies to all the properties, it would be just as well to complete a transfer (Form TR1) which you dad can sign as co-owner and as executor of your mother's estate. You'd still need the AP1 but only to apply to register the transfer. As your parents were tenants in common, you may need to prove you inherited her shares in the properties, or that your dad did, and he is gifting that to you.