How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

my deeds show a covenant that I cannot keep poultry within

Customer Question

my deeds show a covenant that I cannot keep poultry within 100 feet of neighbouring dwellings. I assume my next door neighbour has the same restrictions on his deeds. he keeps an assortment of poultry including a cockerel in his back garden well within 100 feet of my home and several other neighbours.
who is responsible for 'policing' the covenants and to whom should I complain
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Who is the beneficiary of the covenant please?
JACUSTOMER-qzua5zv2- :

I do not know, the original deeds are dated 1959 and between the builder CHOWNS LTD the builder and the first purchaser. Chowns no longer exist having been sold to taylor wimpey in 1984.

Alex Watts :

You need to check.

Alex Watts :

It would be the beneficiary of that covenant that can take action and only them

Alex Watts :

That means if the person is dead or refuses to enforce it then sadly there is nothing you can do

Alex Watts :

But it is the person who has benefit and is named benificiary can take action

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Related Property Law Questions