UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hi. When I bought a leasehold property recently the freeholders

Hi. When I bought a leasehold property recently the freeholders address details on the lease were the same as my apartment (excluding the apartment number - of which there was none). The whole block has 12 flats and the freeholder does not occupy any of them or any other area of that address. This is also the address my solicitor who did the convenyancing has for them and it is not correct. I contacted the company the freehold has allocated to manage the block asking for the full contact details of the freeholder but they have advised me that any contact with the freeholder should be made through them c/o their address. Do I, as the leaseholder of the apartment, have the right to know the registered company address of the freeholder?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

You may look up the registered address of the freeholder company here for free

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//wcframe?name=accessCompanyInfo

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you - I will look it up. But my question was do I, as the leaseholder of the apartment, have the right to know the registered company address of the freeholder?

No, unless the freeholder has agreed to do so with you e.g. In your lease document.

Hope this clarifies