Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  UK solicitor holding an England and Wales practising Certificate.
28732269

I need a property search done on sukjinder Singh cheema of

I need a property search done on sukjinder Singh cheema ofXXXXX Gravesend, kent da12 1nt d.f.b 7/11/74. I need to know if he own any property if so the address as this person own me £150,000 he is also known as Suki Cheema from suki Cheema Studio Ltd.
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.

The Land Registry are quite strict about searching against a person’s name for any property that they own because there are privacy and personal date issues.

Basically, you can search against the limited company name but you won’t be able to search against the person’s personal name without a court order.

If you were to obtain judgement against the person for the amount of money that they owe you then you would be able to ask the court to order a search against their name at the land registry and they would then do it.

You will see that this is confirmed on the following link:-

http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/public/can-i-search-against-a-persons-name-to-find-out-what-properties-they-own
..and how to do the search on the practice guide, here:-
http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/professional/guides/practice-guide-74

A good trick though, is to search against the company name for any properties in the company’s name and then check on the property register for the property where the company can be contacted (ie. their address for service listed next to the company name on the register). If the address for service is different then you can download a copy of the register for it and you might see that it is registered in the person’s name.

If you are aware of any properties that the person owns already, then you can do the same with those land registry titles by checking the address for service to see if they own the property at which they can be contacted.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.

Kind regards,

Tom