75100385

I rent a property on a small industrial estate. One of the

I rent a property on a small industrial estate. One of the other tenants is causing a nuisance by making the access road very muddy. All the tenants on site are affected is there anything we can do to stop him. We have contacted the landlord but this tenant ignores his demands and apparently there is a problem with his lease ?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Yes you can sue for nusiance

Alex Watts :

This is where someone causes noise, smells, damage etc

Alex Watts :

So you can sue for nuisance

Alex Watts :

Customer: When you say I can sue what would I be suing for and could I sue in the name of all tenants on site ?
Alex Watts : Yes you can raise a class action with all of you as claimants.
Customer: What is the procedure ?
Alex Watts :

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules

Alex Watts :

Please read practice Direction 19B - Group litigation

Customer: We are suing to stop this individual making the road muddy not money does this matter ?
Customer: It looks like it might be easier for one tenant to sue and the others to give evidence. What would you recommend ? We have extensive photo and video evidence and letters sent to the defendant over the past 6 months
Alex Watts :

No, that is correct, its not about the money.

Alex Watts :

You can ask for a Court an order that he does not make it muddy

Alex Watts :

I would suggest you go and see a Solicitor to draft proceedings or write to the Defendant

Alex Watts :

Does that clarify?

Customer: We have written to him on many occasions regarding this matter. Can we draft proceeding ourselves?
Alex Watts :

No, you really need a Solicitor.