Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

our rear seviceways to our garages ect are up for auction

Customer Question

our rear seviceways to our garages ect are up for auction and have been in same ownership since 1939 We have never paid for any maintanance as no maintainace has ever been needed as they are just grass and bushes which home owners have cut down as needed these serviceways are to be sold at auction and the auctioneers state that the home owners must pay for any maintainance or upkeep of the serviceways and all disputes to the cost of maintainace of seviceways can only be decided by the buyers surveyor what are the implications of letting a 3rd party buy thse service ways Can the new owners charge what they like we only have legal right of way right of way to our garages ?
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

In what way are you concerned that they might change the serviceway?