75100385

I am about to leave my Hardware Retail Outlet. I did not have

Customer Question

I am about to leave my Hardware Retail Outlet. I did not have a new lease. The previous tenants simply assigned the lease over to me with the premises as they stood. I am now worried that I will be billed for repairs such as removing the counter after which case there will be missing floor tiles and I suspect the landlord will insist I re-tile the whole floor etc.etc. Am I liable even tho I did not have a new lease in which case the previous tenants would have been liable to put in good repair?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

What does the old lease say about this please?

JACUSTOMER-qswloa3l- :

That's not good enough I could have read my old lease myself.............

Alex Watts :

That is not the answer, you misunderstand, I am just asking what the lease says

Alex Watts :

Does the lease say about how to leave the property or what should be done before you leave please?