Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Hi Joshua, On the part 8 claim form you suggested, can I

Hi Joshua,

On the part 8 claim form you suggested, can I claim for my past solicitor's fees, along with all lost rent and business rates that I should not be paying?
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

May I ask if you can reasonably show there were willing tenants to take on a lease please if this were disputed by the coowner?

Customer:

Yes, we just disussed my situation half an hour ago, and I had a few other questions about the part 8 form you suggested.

Customer:

Oh yes, one went through the whole process to lease the place and after one year of waiting....he had to go elsewhere.

Customer:

As now, I have two other interested buyers for the building too.

Customer:

I thought we needed to wait to complete the present purchase, but it's now been over one year as well.

Joshua :

Thanks. You are entitled to claim for outgoings. You can make a claim for loss of income for rent for your half share if you can show willing and able tenants to take up a lease but which did not proceed because of the coowners position.

Customer:

I just wondered if I can claim for these past solicitor's fees that I would not have had for her obstruction of everything. Also, the business rates and water for the shop would be being paid. Of course, the lost rent.

Joshua :

You can make a claim for legal costs though costs will often be awarded in TLATA claims only to the extent that you can show one party has exacerbated the same due to unreasonable actions.

Customer:

That is good as I have all the correspondence.

Customer:

I believe I can show all of this.

Joshua :

On that basis you can attempt a claim for these additional heads

Joshua :

Is there anything else I can help you with on the above?

Customer:

Oh great!

Customer:

I will attempt to contact her first before doing this.

Customer:

At least I know there is something I can do. Thanks

Customer:

I'll come back to you with any further questions.

Customer:

bye for now

Joshua :

Please do.

Joshua :

Best wishes