wingrovebuyer
wingrovebuyer, Senior Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (Honours); PG Diploma in Law; Member of ALA; 9 years' experience
22732369

my neighbours rear extension sits on the boundary line hence

Customer Question

my neighbours rear extension sits on the boundary line hence no gap between our semi detached properties. the extension has been there years prior to new neighbours moving in a year ago. It has never been an issue. However I recently screwed a trellis to the wall in our garden to grow a clematis to give wall cover in our garden, which is there extension but the wall sits within our garden hence boundary. She has gone mad tonight stating I have NO rights as its her property..... I said you cant even see it its in my garden she said its my wall and could cause damp.... What right and wrong please petty or what !!!
Expert:  wingrovebuyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm sorry to say that even if it's a "shared boundary" the wall is her property and fixing anything to it is actually criminal damage, if done without permission. You have every right to erect a trellis without fixing it to the wall. Sorry!