wingrovebuyer
wingrovebuyer, Senior Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (Honours); PG Diploma in Law; Member of ALA; 9 years' experience
22732369

hi - i had rented an apartments from an managing estate agent

Customer Question

hi - i had rented an apartments from an managing estate agent last year. after the completion of the tenor i vacated the apartment and all the formalities were completed but i still haven't received my deposit back and have stopped getting any response from them on my emails. can you please advice what recourse is available for me?
Expert:  wingrovebuyer replied 3 years ago.
When you took the tenancy, you should have been provided with thd details of the deposit scheme holding the deposit. Simply apply to them for a refund, and unless the landlord objects, they will repay you. If you don't have the details, you will need go chase the agent, but I suggest you threaten to report them to the deposit scheme provider or local trading standards if they won't help you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That is exactly what i want to understand, whom do i report them to? The payment has been pending for 8 months now so i know that reaching out to agent is useless

Do you have the details for thd deposit scheme? If so, report it to them. If not, report the ageng to trading standards at the local council.