LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
76316425

we live in an end terrace of three houses, we have a drive,

Customer Question

we live in an end terrace of three houses, we have a drive, the other two houses use this for there bins, can we stop others from using our drive if they are not owners of the other two houses, freinds family ect, we dont want to stop the neighbours using it, just other members of there families, do they have a right of way with out our permission, thank you.
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.

LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this. when you say we have a drive the "we" yu refer to is that yiur household or the 3 houses together? ie is this yur private drive or is it a shared access road to all the houses.

JACUSTOMER-btlnhjxh- :

Hi the drive belongs to our house, as far as I no there is an agreed right of way to use the wheelie bins but I'm not sure. I installed large gates and gave the two neighbours a key each, it's more just the parents of one of the properties I'd like to stop using it. Thanks Peter.

LondonlawyerJ :

Do the neighbours have a right of way or easement allowing them to put and use bins on your drive or is this something you have let them do as a favour? If it is the latter then you can impose any conditions you want to and exclude anyone you want. If they don't accept your conditions then yu can simply tell them not to use your drive and if necessary change the locks.