75100385

There is a piece of unused overgrown land by the side of my

Customer Question

There is a piece of unused overgrown land by the side of my property. We have had this piece of overgrown land cleared of overgrown trees which were affecting our property and the alleged boundary. When the land was cleared of the trees we were able to see a boundary fence, leaving a patch of land between us and the other boundary fence. We cannot find out if this was once a right of way or if in fact the land belongs to us and because of the rate of the growth of trees, previous owners have just bought our fencing in because of the work that would have had to be done to clear it. How do we find out about this piece of land, and because no one has done anything to it how would we be able to claim this piece of land. We have lived here for 22 years and in that time no one has touched the land except for us.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Is the piece of land fenced off please?

JACUSTOMER-e8fh3uiv- :

There is fencing to side of our property and you can see the old fencing where the boundary to the other property would have been. The adjoining property has put a row of conifers we think where the boundary line would have been

Alex Watts :

Have you occupied the land excluding all others please?