wingrovebuyer
wingrovebuyer, Senior Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (Honours); PG Diploma in Law; Member of ALA; 9 years' experience
22732369

I have a long rear garden and when I was away a neighbour came

Customer Question

I have a long rear garden and when I was away a neighbour came on to my property and anchored a huge steak into my allotment plot across my pavement on to the fence to shore it up. I was not left a note and my permission was not obtained. I found it by chance and nearly fell over it. What right do the neighbours have to come onto my property when I'm away and do they have the right to erect steaks in my absence and not inform me?
Expert:  wingrovebuyer replied 3 years ago.

wingrovebuyer :

Hello. Simple answer - they have no right whatsoever. This is a trespass and possibly even criminal damage. I suggest you tell them to remove it, or just do it yourself, being carefulto return it tl your neighbour. Best, wb