Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Can anyone help ovr ownership of a dog

Can anyone help ovr ownership of a dog
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My daughter died on 2nd April on 17th April her husband came for the funeral and brought her dog {Bischon Freise] to me and he has since gone to cyprus on business and intends to go again next month. My husband and I would love to keep her [Lilly] I feel he is treating her like a commodity to pass around when its convenient for him. She was not mentioned in my daughters will. Does that make him the owner??

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 2 years ago.

If you went to court then it is likely that the dog would be considered a joint asset of the marriage and so now belongs to him.

However much our dogs mean to us, they are property in law like any other.

The longer he leaves the dog with you though the greater the chance you might have of the court saying he abandoned the dog if he does sue you for possession.

Also, if you just refuse to hand her back then the onus would be upon him to sue and people who are not interested generally do not.

Can i clarify anything for you?

Remus2004, Barrister
Experience: Over 5 years in practice.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I dont find any information given by you that differs from common sense so I hope I am not being charged for something I dont consider to have been of any help.Thank you for aq prompt reply anyway.

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately then I cannot give you any more information.

All the best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you anyway

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 2 years ago.
No problem.

I'm very sorry but as you are displeased I will not be able to continue.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

I see the expert had opted out, what else do you want to know?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have since been in touch with the kennel club and found an answer to my query. I said I did not wish to continue on line and as I am a pensioner hoped i would not be charged for not getting a very satisfactory result from my dealings with your website.

You would need to contact customer services for that.

I am glad you have this resolved.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please stop emailing me as I do not wish to continue any further.

Yes, when you reply I have to respond as it shows on my list. If you do not respond further then you wont be contacted.