75100385

I want to use a crane to lift a digger over my neighbours

I want to use a crane to lift a digger over my neighbour's property so that I can build an extension. Do I need my neighbour's permission and can I legally force him to give me permission ?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : In theory you need permissin.
Alex Watts : But if you do it when he is not there then he can't stop you.
Alex Watts : Its not as if you are needed access long term to his land.
Alex Watts : But as you are going over his land technically you need permission,
Alex Watts : If he refuses then you could apply to the court under the Access to Neighbouring Land Act
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

Thank you for this.I thought access through the Neighbours Land Act only applied to preservation and not new build.

Customer:

Also if I do it without permission what are the consequences for me?

Alex Watts : In reality no consequence,
Alex Watts : There is no damage,
Alex Watts : Does that clarify?