chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Solicitor
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

If a farm house has an agricultual tye on it can the adjoining

Customer Question

If a farm house has an agricultual tye on it can the adjoining land be sold.?
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 3 years ago.

chatham-chamber :

chatham-chamber :

Would you be kind enough to explain the situation a little further.

Customer:

Hello.

Customer:

Customer:

a benefactor has left me a farm, comprising of approx 75 acres, house and buildings. The executors want to sell off the land leaving me with about 20 acres,which is not enough to run a farm. At the time of planning permission ( 1991/92 ) for the dwelling there was 60 ewes on the land which the planners said was not enough , so the number was increased to 100. after which planning permission was given with two relevant conditions, and I quote;

Customer:

'The occupation of the dwelling shall be limited to a person solely or mainly employed or last employed in the locality in agriculture as defined in Section 336(1) of the town and country planning act 1990.' Additional conditions relating to the planning were 'The local planning authority are not prepared to permit the erection of a dwelling on this site unconnected to with the use of the adjoining land for agricultural or similar purpose'. now if I accept this, I think I will be failing to comply with the planning conditions due to the fact that there would be insufficient land.!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello again.

I dont seem to have received an answer after your request for additonal info

Paul.