75100385

A neighbor is running a car repair business from his back garden

A neighbor is running a car repair business from his back garden is this legal does he need planning permission ??? We are a residential area

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : you would need to check with the council for sure, but generally yes.
Customer:

Thank you I will check with the council, but just wanted some advice before getting in touch with them. My neighbor is off loading cars on the green beside my property, which belongs to the council he also has a a vehicle transporter parked along side my property although a private path that runs along the side, The noise of panel beating and reeving up of engines is terrible. Would you suggest I inform the council ..

Alex Watts : Yes
Alex Watts : It could be a planning issue, environmental Heath issue or highways issue
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer:

No that is fine, thank you for your help...