75100385

The private road next to my house shows as mine on my land

The private road next to my house shows as mine on my land registry map. Can I stop people parking on it?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : you can have a barrier or employe a firm to dish out parking fines.
Alex Watts : But yes you can stop people parking on your land.
Alex Watts : Yes.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: Hi a neighbour next door but one to me says that he has rights to park in the road but there is nothing on my plans to confirm this. He says the person who sold him the house told him. Also people who live further down the private road seem to think that they also have a right to park.
Alex Watts : Is anything on his deeds that gives him a right to park please?
Customer: Not that I can see. It says about access but that is as far as I can see to his back garden which he can only access by walking down my road.
Alex Watts :

How long has he parked upon the land please?

Customer: He has only just moved here. We purchased our house ten years ago and rented it out for six until last year.
Alex Watts : Ok.
Alex Watts : In that case you can exclude him.
Alex Watts : Its your land.
Alex Watts : You can do what you want and allow who you want on it.
Alex Watts : As long as he has not been using it for 20 years when a right would be established you can stop him
Alex Watts : Its your land, you can do what you want.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything else for you?
Customer: What I need to know is what lawfully can I do if people persist in parking on the part of the road which I own?
Alex Watts :

You can put a barrier or get an injunction to stop them.

Alex Watts :

You have a choice of options

Alex Watts :

You could even instruct a company to issue parking fines for you

Alex Watts :

You get a % of those collected fines

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else for you?

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/