75100385

I have a Council property rented bungalow and aprox four metres

I have a Council property rented bungalow and aprox four metres From my garden a deciduos trees branches and prolific leaves and branches overhang over my garden by aprox 3 metres. The tree stands approximately 40foot high and Almost blocks all the out the natural light into my Lounge and in my opinion constitutes a potential Health and Safety problem as the top of the tree would damage the property if it came down in a storm The council when I complained last year I quote-: Their answer was that the Tree was not DISEASED.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Just so that I am clear you rent your property and there is a tree in your garden you want cut back, is that right?

Customer:

No the tree is on council property but is approximately 4 metres from the boundary of my garden.

Alex Watts :

Ok - but it overhangs into your garden please?

Customer:

Yes it overhangs over my rented council property and blocks ot the light into my loungeroximately 3 metres an

Customer:

Yes by about 3 metres and would hit the bungalow I live in if it fell.

Alex Watts : Thanks for that. You need to take the following steps
Alex Watts : First you need to write to the council and make a formal complaint. You need to send this to the chief executives office. That department will investigate the matter and report back to you.
Alex Watts : If the outcome is not as you desire then the next step is the ombudsman.
Alex Watts : They offer a free service and can investigate the matter.
Alex Watts : Their website is www.lgo.org.uk
Alex Watts : They can report back to you and this should resolve the matter.
Alex Watts : So first try complaining in writing and second the Ombudman.
Alex Watts : This should fix it.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

Thank you for your assistance and your report on the omsbudsman and contact number is XXXXX I require at present. If I require any further assistance I shall contact you again .I presume there will be no charge as your info is within the free 7 days. Many thanks again for your help I A JONES