Alice H, Solicitor
Experience:  Partner in national law firm with 20+ years legal experience
30932268

I dropped a kerb for a parking space over ten years ago. I

Customer Question

I dropped a kerb for a parking space over ten years ago. I obtained Highways consent but cannot find it. I am selling the house and the purchaser's solicitor says he needs to see it. What can I do?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

I am Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

You mention that you obtained Highways consent. Did you not apply to the Council for planning permission for the dropped kerb?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards
AL
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes but they told me (and I have this in writing and have supplied it to the purchaser's solicitor) that I did not need planning permission, only highway consent

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
My name is Alex and I'm happy to help with your question today.

Please clarify: to whom did you make the application? Also who did the work?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The Bristol City Council Highways authority I think. My builders did the work to the specifications supplied

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
OK.

You will have to contact Bristol Council for a copy of the permission they granted ten years ago.

The council has a policy to retain some records for up to ten years and others indefinitely.

Its difficult to see from their website whether the planning consent will still be available for your dropped kerb. I suggest you contact them for this.

If no duplicate is available you will have to let the purchasers solicitor know. They will have to decide whether or not to proceed with the purchase.