Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

i would like some advise on the house I purchased with my husband

i would like some advise on the house I purchased with my husband and his family, i borrowed money from the bank for part of the deposit which myself, my husband and his sister is paying off. due to me taking out the loan the agent said that I probably would not be eligable for my name to be put on the mortgage so my husband and his sisters names are XXXXX XXXXX mortge but there is four of us paying back the loan. due to marital problems I would like some advise on how do I get my money that I have contributed towards the mortgage since I no longer want to be part of the property

Thank you for your question
My names is Clare
I shall do my best to help you but I need some further details
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage
How much did you contribute and how was your interest protected
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The house was £242000 I borrowed 12000 over 5 years paying 280.00 a month which is payed by myself my husband and his sisters at the moment I don't think I have any protection as I contributed 267.60 a month since October 2012 the balance at the moment on the mortgage is around 208000, also it was a verbal agreement between myself him and his family but now I have doubts in getting my money back

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am still waiting for a response to my last answer
Sorry - do you mean that you are paying towards the mortgage each month as well?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare yes I am paying towards the mortgage as well
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Clare to be more precise we purchased the house all together and I have been paying towards the mortgage every month since we purchased it in October 2012
How much is the house worth now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare We have not valued the house all I want is my money I have put in
Is there any reason to think that the money will not be paid to you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare

In our arguments he says that i will get the money when its due and i cannot wait for 20 years when the house is paid off I am thinking of ending my marriage to him

In fact you have two options available to you
You can indeed start divorce proceedings and within the financial side of the divorce proceedings make a claim against your husbands share of the property.
Alternatively you can use Property Law to seek a determination as to the extent of your ownership of the property ( it is clear that you were always intended to own 25% of the property) and seek an immediate sale.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Clare
HI
You are most welcome - good luck
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare I received your email and yes I gave you a rating once again thanks for your help it did help me in making a decision