Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  UK solicitor holding an England and Wales practising Certificate.
28732269

What does this mean? "THE Transferee for himself and his successors

What does this mean? "THE Transferee for himself and his successors in title to the intent that such covenants shall bind the land hereby conveyed into whomsoever hands the same may come COVENANTS with the Grantors and the survivor of them and their successors in title to the intent that such covenant shall be annexed to and benefit the Grantors' retained land edged red as follows:-
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.

Basically, the passage you have recited is a promise made by the Transferee (ie. the new owner of the land as a result of the transfer containing the passage) to other people ie. whoever is defined in the Transfer as the “Grantors”.

The things that the Transferee is promising (ie. covenanting) to do will following immediately after the passage you have recited.

The promises attach to the land the Grantor owns. This means that if the Transferee in the transfer sells their interest in the land (eg. to a new transferee) then the promises made will still be binding and enforceable by the Grantors against the new owner.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.

Kind regards,

Tom