Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Hi, I am wondering the implications to the value and sale of

Customer Question

Hi, I am wondering the implications to the value and sale of my property if there is a boundry dispute going on. Basically I beleive my neighbour has crossed the boundry by building an extension approx 70mm over the line. Not much I know but reletive to my allready previously extended house this has left me severly limited to repair and maintainance to my own flat roof, external wall and made it impossible to ever convert the flat roof to a pitched roof.
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I would like to know the implcations to the value and sale of my property if a boundry dispute is on going with my neighbour.

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.
With a boundry dispute going on, your property is virtually un-sellable I'm afraid.

At this stage however it is not something which is actionable against the neighbour until the matter has been decided by the court.

However these 3 inches may be something that a buyer is not the least bit bothered about.

It would be worthwhile speaking to an agent to get the agent's opinion on the possibility of selling the property with this 70 mm in issue.

I can tell you that from a solicitor's point of view a solicitor will never advised his client to buy a property if there is a boundary dispute unless it can be easily resolved.