Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  UK solicitor holding an England and Wales practising Certificate.
28732269

How do I find out who owns the drive of my neighbours house,

How do I find out who owns the drive of my neighbours house, as I would like access to my back garden. It is on a leasehold agreement and I only can find out who owns the property from the land register.
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Have you downloaded the free hold registered title for the property?

Does the plan to the title not include the drive?

Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

I note that you have not looked back at the question since my info request earlier.

Basically if the area not included on the plan that you have downloaded from the Land Registry then you can submit an index map search to the Land Registry.

This is for where you wish to know who has an interest in the land but cannot find out from searching via the land registry's find a property website.

The form you will have to fill out is Form SIM, which is available for download from the following LR site:-
http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/public/forms

You should complete the form with a plan outlining the area that you want to establish ownership for and then send it to the Land Registry. They will send you the results of the search and it will state which title the land is registered under. You can then download a copy of the title using the registered title number referred to in the search to find out who is the owner.

Kind regards,

Tom