Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Can we be made homeless In 2008 we moved in with our mother

Customer Question

Can we be made homeless

In 2008 we moved in with our mother and in 2010/11 she transferred 1/2 the house deeds over into my husbands name. However, she has now decided that she wants to go into a care home and has decided that she is going to sell the house (apparently the council have told her she will have to do this, we are not sure if she has told them we own 1/2 the house in the deeds), we appear to have no rights and will become homeless. We also pay her a monthly rent but again she says that we still have no option but to get out. Are there any legal rights that we have to stop her from selling the house or something. We have no savings as we have spent most of them on making gradual improvements to the house and garden.

Any help would be gratefully received.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much have you spent on the property?