Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I am leaving my 10 year old daughter a house to be held in

I am leaving my 10 year old daughter a house to be held in trust until she is 25.I would like one of my trustees to live there rent free until she is 25.Is that possible?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

I am Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

You can indeed do this- you need to include a clause in your Will, granting the Trustee the right to remain living in the property rent free until your Daughter reaches 25. (It would be normal for such an occupier to be responsible for the Buildings Insurance/maintenance of the property during their occupation).

I hope this assists and answers your question.

Kind Regards
AL