UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

UKSolicitorJA only: Ref our prior discussion about how to remove

UKSolicitorJA only: Ref our prior discussion about how to remove a director, f I am reading the Act correctly it is easier to remove him as Secretary - reg 99 of the Companies Act 1985 says it's down to the directors in whatever manner they think fit, which I hope hasn't changed much for in 2006 Act - but for good measure can you outline the procedure for that?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

The Company Secretary may be removed at any time by a director, all that is required is a filing of form TM02 with Companies House:

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/forms/generalForms/TM02_termination_of_appointment_of_secretary.pdf

There is no other formal procedure involved.

In your case, I would think the best practical solution it to terminate their appointment as a company secretary concurrently with their removal as a director i..e on the same day.

Hope this helps